Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Spring Poem

I was sitting at the park yesterday, watching kids run around and just enjoying the fresh air and I was inspired to write a poem. It's one of my happier, upbeat, and family friendly poems so I thought I'd share it. Creative feedback is always welcome. Enjoy!

April Musings

The feeling of Spring drifts
on the air and in the hearts
of all who breathe

The trees, the grass
bloom green, lush

Flowers begin to dot
the ground
in gardens, neat and ordered
in wild, random beauty scattered through
the town

Children laugh and play
with the wild abandon of ones
who know that summer
will soon be upon us

Three months of freedom from
homework, teachers, and classrooms

But for now, anticipation sustains

The sweet air of spring
rushes into stale winter lungs
refreshing all who breathe
Young and old

All feel the fresh, new joy
of Spring.

~K~

No comments: