Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow, Snow, and More Snow!!!!

It's just snowing everywhere!!!

My mom reports that they've gotten at least 17 inches in Maine over the last few days. They canceled a couple days of school for snow down in Kentucky, and we got at least a foot last night and it's still coming!!!

I got all ready to go to work this morning and then got stuck in my parking lot. Diane had to get dressed and come out to rescue me.

I drove .35 miles without ever going anywhere this morning!!!!!

I got to work and sat outside the locked office waiting for all the snowed-in people to make it to work. Then I hung out at the office for a couple hours, waiting to see if my client would show, but his mom finally called and said she couldn't send him because of the snow. A bunch of people canceled services today, and there were some workers who couldn't make it in.

They didn't really have any work for me, so I decided to go home, only to have to call my boss and ask him to push me out of the parking lot, because I was stuck AGAIN. 10 minutes later, I finally make it home (it's usually a 2-minute drive), only to get stuck yet again trying to park. Wonderful Diane rescued me again, though we finally gave up on pulling into the parking lot and just parked on the side of the road behind her car.

I am officially going NOWHERE for the rest of the day.

There seems to be no end in sight for the snow, here at least.

It's gonna be tricky going, tomorrow when we head up to Rigby for our Christmas celebrations, and even more tricky if the weather doesn't clear up by the weekend, when I will be making several back-and-forth trips between here and there for work and celebration stuff.

Wish me luck!!!!

I agree with Juanita, when she said that "snow is a four-letter word." Along the lines of the ones you don't say in polite company. You know what I mean.

So, wherever you are, please be safe and careful as you travel in the tricky winter weather.

God speed!

No comments: