Saturday, December 6, 2008

Frustration

Life is so crazy. There are so many people that I love and care about and there's just not enough of me to go around. Diane is having a lot of trouble recovering from her surgery, and is still unable to work, or even come home. I travel the hour and a half drive every weekend to spend time with her, but it uses more gas than we can really afford. I won't stop doing it because of that, because I know she needs me and I can't bear to be away from her for too long, but it's tough. I feel like I'm not taking care of her like I should be because I'm too busy working, but we need the money. Our financial situation is bleak and not bound to get much better any time soon.

Christmas is gonna be tough, not a lot of money to go around, but my mom is being a great help by sending me some money from a Christmas Club she set up for me. Thanks, mom. You rock.

Another big worry is my friend Anna. She's got a lot of problems, physically and emotionally, and I want to help her so much, but she's all the way in Canada locked away in a hospital. Her family is giving her SOOOO much grief and trouble, telling her she's fat and a burden and stupid, and I just want to take her away from all of the heartache and pain and bring her to live with us where she can get healthy and be happy and strong. We talk online as often as we can, but since I don't have internet at home, it's not nearly often enough. It seems like we make progress on her self-esteem and confidence, only to have something her family says tear it all down. It's frustrating and sad and it just drives me crazy that there's not more that I can do. It's absolutely infuriating.

I got some sad news today. My wonderful adoptive family, The Collins', have to put down one of their cats, Princess Ariel because she has mouth cancer. The vet gave her some medicine to keep her comfortable until after Christmas, but then they're going to have to put her down. It's so sad.

I've got so many people to pray for, and sometimes it seems that all I can do is pray, and it never seems to be enough.

Please keep us all in your prayers, if you can.

1 comment:

Yogimathias said...

hey kiddo, people are better for knowing you. and keep your chin up. there will be rough times, but just by being there for people, no matter how things go in the end, i know they will be greatfull for it. :)