Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Shopping and Celebrations

Today, Diane and I finished the last of our Christmas shopping. HURRAY!!! The stores are jam packed and traffic is terrible. We shopped together, stretching our meager earnings to make sure everyone gets something for Christmas, even if it's something small. I very willingly let Diane wrap everything, cuz I'm quite terrible at wrapping, and I made all the labels. We got our packages mailed out yesterday, which probably means they'll be late, but it's the thought that counts, right?

I attended my company Christmas parties this week. Both were a lot of fun, but the A&CDC party was the best because I know more people, and Diane got to come. We couldn't bring guests to the shelter for confidentiality reasons (residents attended, too), but there were no clients at the other party, so we brought guests and played games and got presents. Vance and Geana and Callie put together a great party with great food and just all around good company!

Diane's been telling me about her family's traditions for Christmas time and I'm very excited to be a part of them this year. It's gonna be the first time in a very long time that her whole family, all the siblings and spouses and nieces and nephews, are all getting together for Christmas. We're gathering on the Saturday after Christmas. We're driving up to Rigby on Tuesday after I get done work and then I have to come back to Pocatello on Friday to work again. I'll drive back up to Rigby after work. We'll do the party on Saturday, then both come home that night, then it's work for me again on Sunday morning. It's gonna be a loooong week. But I know it'll be worth it. The wonderful spirit of Christmas is always worth the struggle and stress that the season brings.

It's a joyous season and I'm happy to be celebrating with people I love, even as I'm so far away from others I love. I pray that everyone finds peace and love and happiness this Christmas season. In the words of Tiny Tim, "God bless us, every one."

No comments: