Thursday, December 4, 2008

End of the Year Madness

December has come, flying at us like a sppeding train, hell-bent on plowing us over with the Christmas rush. Thanksgiving was great, even though I had to work. I got to eat dinner with the Olsen's and then head back home to Poci and eat another dinner at the Shelter with the kids who didn't get to go elsewhere for the holiday. It was fun.

Now as I get ready for my first Christmas away from home, I am both excited and a little sad. I'm going to miss my family and friends this Christmas, but I'm excited to spend a holiday with my wonderful adopted family and all of my Idaho friends.

I've been working an insane amount in the last few weeks, and it's only gonna get worse. I got done at Pier 49 and I am taking on more clients and hours at the A&CDC. I'm also still working at Square 1 (the teen shelter) a couple nights a week and on Sundays. I'm working as much extra as I can while Diane recovers from her terrible ordeal (gall bladder surgery gone terribly wrong). When she's well enough to get a new job, I might cut back on my hours some. But then again, maybe I won't...I am my mother's daughter, after all...hehehe. (If you know my mom, you understand ;)...)

I'm waiting for my laptop to stop being evil so I can add pictures to my blog (not that I have that many, but it makes the blog nicer to look at), but it may be a while...

Other than working like a dog and getting ready for Christmas, my life is pretty boring. I work, I go home, I watch movies, and I sleep. It's a pretty sad existence at the moment, but it's mine and I'm happy. That's what's important...right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey kiddo, keep your chin up. :)

from your friend. Matt Black

Sean and Charity said...

Hey Kaitlyn!
I am so glad you started a blog! Did you Graduate already?! It sounds like you are busy but having a ton on fun! We have a blog too! :) it is seancharitymaile.blogspot.com