Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Work, Work, Work, and just a Little Play

I know I haven't posted in quite a while, but it's very hard to keep up with all of my online stuff without internet access. We can occasionally get a weak signal from one of our neighbors and steal some free internet time, but it's rare. There's always the library, but with my work schedule, that doesn't always work so well. I can use the internet at work when I work graveyard shift (like right now), and we take full advantage of the internet when we visit Rigby (like this coming weekend!!!).

So, here's a quick update of what's happening in my life.

I started my new schedule at the shelter tonight. Instead of working one shift a week I'm working 3. One day shift and 2 graveyards. I'm also working anywhere from 20-40 hours a week at the A&CDC, so I'm ALWAYS busy and NEVER home. But it's ok, because I'm earning money, so hopefully I'll be able to go back to school next fall (keeping my fingers crossed).

Diane is still looking for a job, without much success. Please pray for her. She's getting very discouraged because her unemployment runs out after this week and she feels like she's a burden on me (she ABSOLUTELY is NOT, but that's how she feels). It's harder on both of us because we've been without our medication for a while, so we're testier and snappier than we usually are. We're trying to get in to see the doctor as soon as possible.

This Thursday, Diane will have her final procedure in her long and complicated "simple procedure." This time they're removing the stint in her liver that was placed there to stop the leak that was made by her first surgery. It's a simple day procedure (in theory) and we're going to spend the weekend at her parents house, relaxing and also helping remodel the bathroom. I'm excited because I get to paint and I looooooove painting!!!! YAY!!!!!

I'm excited because I've finally started making some friends here in Pocatello and they get me out of the house occasionally, which is always a good time. I love to go out on Saturdays and sing karyoke. One of the friend's I've made is Deni and she has 3 of the cutest kids in the whole world and they looooove me (*grin*). Zach is 6, Maddy is 2, and Mary is 8 months. Baby Kenny is due in May. I love helping her out with her kids and being an honorary "Auntie." It's always good to have kids around to spoil rotten!!!! When Deni has to work late, I pick up the girls from daycare and they get to hang out with me. Good times.

Last night, they accompanied Diane and I around town as we looked at possible rental places, because our lease is up at the end of the month and we're rather anxious to find a new place because we have very obnoxious upstairs neighbors. We're hoping to find a house or townhouse or duplex to rent so we don't have upstairs neighbors. They're just not our favorite things.

I told Maddy that we were looking at houses and she proceded to point out EVERY house we passed. "There's a house. There's a house." She's so cute! Mary just napped through most of the drive. Daycare is exhausting, you know.

Aside from my mad-crazy work schedule and the occasional outing with friends, our life is pretty quiet. We spend a lot of time at home watching movies and TV on DVD. Oh, and playing Sims on the computer. Mustn't forget that. :D

Occasional drama, more than occasional stressful moments, but overall life is good.

No comments: