Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Everything in Moderation

Life is starting to look up for me. I'm making some changes in my life, hopefully for the better, and for the first time in a long time, things are going right.

Both D and I have joined Prepaid Legal, Inc. and we are both working to protect our identities, prepare wills, and file for bankruptcy. The bankruptcy thing is important. There are many things that we want to do that just aren't going to happen unless we get our finances straightened out and we've determined that we both need a fresh start, a second chance to do things right.

Once the financial situation is settled and we are secure in our life, D has decided to become a foster parent. We will both go through training, but only she will certify as a parent. I will just be another adult in the household. I'll be there to support and help, of course, but I'm not ready to take on the responsibilty of being a parent. D has 11 years on me and a lot of experience crammed into those 11 years. She's been waiting to do this for a long time. I'm excited that she will finally have the chance.

My health has been touch and go recently, but I feel that I am improving and discovering ways to make myself healthy and happy. Only time and experimentation with different medications, diet, and exercise plans will bring me to a healthy and comfortable living condition.

As for the title of this post, I have decided to moderate my life in order to be healthy and happy. Moderate spending, moderate eating, moderate work, and moderate play. I believe that is the key to being healthy and happy.

~KK~

No comments: